Saturday, March 5, 2011

Turning, Changing, Yielding

God bless you!

Just a thought I had yesterday...

I was turning off at my turn for work and a lady zoomed past me in the other lane, and for some reason I felt left behind.  For some reason it made me feel like I was losing because she was moving so fast and I had to slow down.  And then I realized.. I'm TURNING!  If I were to try to turn going the speed she was moving at, I would have flipped my little car!  But I'm making a change of direction.

Isn't that the way it is in life?  Sometimes I feel left behind because I'm changing my course.  Other people are going along their happy little way, speeding past me like life is so easy, and I feel like less of a woman because I have almost come to a complete stop.  

But there is nothing wrong with that!  When one must go another way in life it just requires a different pace so that one can not wreck ones life while trying to make big changes.  Or even little changes.  Sometimes when there is a fork in the road, there is a yield sign. 

I'm not going to be ashamed when I have to take my walk down to a crawl to get where God is leading me!  He knows what He's doing and He knows that growing slowly is the often best way to grow.  Sometimes I wonder if the challenge for Him is my impatience and dissatisfaction with how He's growing me...

No comments:

Post a Comment