Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pee My Pants Excited!

I can't believe it has been months since I posted!  I think about blogging often and I want to do it more.  What perfect timing since the new year is only a few days away!


I am so excited about the miraculous work of God in my life.  He never ever ever EVER disappoints me, and the time that has passed since I began this blog has seen me to a new season for sure.  I'm so thankful to God to be feeling so much stronger.  Of course my success goes in cycles of dips and backward steps more than half the time, but each time I regress to my old ways is less debilitating than the time before.  God can fix anything if He can fix me!  Jesus didn't die for nothing!!  


And I'll tell you what - whatever is happening to me to make me more sane has taken definite effort, but there is no way I could have done all on my own what's been done in my life.  And the more I chill out, stop beating myself up, and ask ask ask God for help, and KNOW He'll do unfathomable things, the better it goes.  The harder I try to do all this impossibly hard work on myself the more I feel like a ball of yarn strung and tangled all over the house by the cat.


Right now I'm full of hope for more transformation in 2011.  I'm hoping to become more consistent in relationships.  I'm looking forward to gaining more confidence in who I am in Christ and acting on it.  And I'm ready to slow down about it.  These things don't happen over night, no matter how much I think my impatience will change that cold hard fact.  I need to keep letting God lift these weights for me and focus on Him and His son - being with them and knowing them deeply.  That's what I want. 


And I long for more community in the year to come.  I know God has some Albuquerquean girlfriends in store for me!  I know He has a workplace in mind that will draw me cheerfully to it each morning.   I have anticipation for more strong bonds of friendship and sisterhood closer to home.


Finally, I'm pee-my-pants excited about being part of a scripture memorization team!  Visit here to see what I'm talking about: http://blog.lproof.org/ .    I need this kind of thing to keep my zeal... or to GET some zeal.... I think mine has been hibernating for some time.


Romans 12:11
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.  

No comments:

Post a Comment