Saturday, August 20, 2011

Praise (from) The Lord!


I was given a little award by my boss at our year-end championships/awards/party for the whole staff last weekend.  It felt good to be brought in front of everyone to be recognized for doing well.  How would it feel to be given an award in front of a crowd by Jesus Christ or God?  THAT really makes my heart flutter and my cheeks burn!  If that doesn't motivate me to forget about scampering around trying to get recognition from people and to start living my life for compliments from my savior and my creator, I don't know what will.

I crave God's pride in me - who cares what anyone else thinks!
Disclaimer: I do still care inordinately about the approval and praise of other people.  But the reality is that as long as I live inside the guidelines of love that God has laid out for me, IT DOES NOT MATTER what another soul on earth thinks about me, whether they think I deserve awards or not.

Second Disclaimer: I also know that while God wants me to strive to please him, I can't do that just because I want rewards and recognition.  I need, and God wants, more than anything, for me to have a relationship with him and know that he loves me NO MATTER WHAT.  If that's not my basis, then I'll always feel like a failure.  I'm not going to be able to live up to the awesomeness of what God deserves and what I "should" accomplish for him.  And he is obviously ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment