Tuesday, August 10, 2010

God's Words are Life

More and more I realize that if I’m going to do anything more than hardly survive every day then I have to be digesting God’s Word. Digesting as in, so it becomes part of me, not so it makes me get sleepy while I try to read it.

So doing this, which is hard for me because I have to try not to be shy about people reading my writing, is my effort to absorb God’s love. And! I have incentive because I know that “thinking out loud” about what I need to do to be more like Christ might inspire others, too. I would argue that God wants us to be sharing our thoughts on such an important topic, even if it’s in the form of bad writing on a website! Haha!

MY DAUGHTER, BE ATTENTIVE TO MY WORDS; INCLINE YOUR EAR TO MY SAYINGS.  LET THEM NOT ESCAPE FROM YOUR SIGHT; KEEP THEM WITHIN YOUR HEART.  FOR THEY ARE LIFE TO THOSE WHO FIND THEM, AND HEALING TO ALL THEIR FLESH.
PROVERBS 4:20-22

No comments:

Post a Comment